Ensure that all staff members have a thorough understanding of assessment and moderation. This professional development workshop is ideal to run within a department or faculty, or across a team of peers e.g. heads of department. The aim is to ensure that all teachers are clear, confident and consistent in their assessment judgments.
- Myth-busting the process of assessment and moderation
- The role of external moderation
- Finding what you need- standards, support documents, exemplars, clarifications and explanatory notes.
- Subject specific quirks
- Internal v. External
- Unpacking a standard – different methods
- Pre- and post-assessment moderation
- Constructing assessment tasks and schedules
- Marking for consistency
- Post-moderation and development of benchmarks
Participants engage in a number of different activities, allowing time for feedback to each other across the group and personal reflection. Depending on the group dynamics, there may also be time for participants to develop specific resources for themselves.
Materials and handouts are provided. Participants will need to bring their laptop or smart device to access the internet.
Cost $1000 + GST (Includes materials for each participant)
Cost is per workshop with maximum of 10 participants within the Auckland Super City region.
Although designed to be delivered in 1 day, this workshop can be adapted to suit your needs e.g. 2 half day sessions, or to fit in with your school’s overall PLD time allocation with morning or twilight sessions. Larger/smaller numbers and other regions by negotiation also. Please call to discuss your individual needs.